Who Are We


Wayne, Hilary & Adelaide Denny. Preparing to Serve in Leadership Training in Senegal, Africa. God has called us to take advantage of a unique window of religious freedom in Muslim Senegal by equipping church leaders who have a heart for reaching their country and the Muslim world.

We should be jealous. . . for the honour of His name – troubled when it remains unknown, hurt when it is ignored, indignant when it is blasphemed. And all the time anxious and determined that it shall be given the honour and glory which are due to it.” John Stott


Friday, November 16, 2007

2 weeks to go!

Two weeks from today, Wayne and I will be on our way to Senegal! Yes, there will be tears from me as we leave Addie here in Iowa, but we are also very excited about the trip. I just found out today that they were supposed to have one of the retreats and teaching times for the women this weekend, but it was postponed until the weekend we get there! So, we will arrive in Dakar at 5:00 am on Saturday morning, then we will drive straight to Thies (about 50 miles inland). In Thies, I will be able to go and see the women's program (I'm not sure if it will be in French or one of the tribal languages, either way, I won't understand much!). I am very excited about this opportunity as this is one of the reasons that we chose Senegal. We will also get to see where the Bible College, ITES, will be built. On Sunday, we will head back to Dakar and then the team there has planned the week for us. We are so excited to finally be going and seeing where we will be living soon!

Please pray that the trip will be productive for us, that we will be able to meet a lot of people and get a good feel for the ministry and possible living situations. Please also pray that we will stay healthy and alert as this is a very quick trip! I don't think Addie needs any prayers as she will be spoiled here by her grandparents and aunt and uncle! Pray for me though, as I sure will miss her! (Wayne will too, but he doesn't cry like I do:)

And just in case you were wondering why it will be so hard to leave her, check out this cuteness.

No comments: