Who Are We


Wayne, Hilary & Adelaide Denny. Preparing to Serve in Leadership Training in Senegal, Africa. God has called us to take advantage of a unique window of religious freedom in Muslim Senegal by equipping church leaders who have a heart for reaching their country and the Muslim world.

We should be jealous. . . for the honour of His name – troubled when it remains unknown, hurt when it is ignored, indignant when it is blasphemed. And all the time anxious and determined that it shall be given the honour and glory which are due to it.” John Stott


Saturday, March 15, 2008

Home...where is that?


This past week we housesat for some friends of ours from church. Addie really enjoyed being there because she had another dog to "take care of". It was probably good that Blackie is deaf and couldn't hear Addie calling for her constantly! Wayne and I enjoyed staying there because of the nice hot tub in the back yard! When we came home yesterday and Addie woke up from her nap, she immediately started calling for Blackie again. I tried to explain to her that Blackie wasn't here and she just looked at me knowingly and said "Blackie home." I wondered if I should try to explain to her this was our home and we were just visiting the other house last week and that now we were home. But at that point I was too tired to explain anything and she is only 18 months, so I guess I shouldn't try and explain too much! After thinking about if for a while though, I am glad that Addie can call wherever mommy and daddy and blankie are home. And that is probably what the most of her life and the rest of our life will be like (minus the blankie I hope!) Soon, Senegal will be our home, and yet I'm sure our home here will always tug at our hearts. I am glad that our home can be wherever we are together serving the Lord.

I was reminded of this fact again last weekend as we attended the mission conference at PBC (see my most recent blog). I had only been to PBC a few times since I graduated from high school almost 7 years ago, yet God used that place in such a big way in my life that it was like going home. God used PBC to mold me and shape me and He blessed me by brining me back there to encourage the church. Last weekend was incredibly encouraging for us as there is such an excitement for missions among the body right now. We also were told that we were an encouragment to the church as they were able to see that God is still raising up people to go to the mission field. Our mutual desire to see God's name spread though all the world by His church brought us together once again.

And through all this I am reminded where my real home is, that I am only a temporary sojourner on this earth and eagerly look forward to my home in heaven. While God gives us good gifts such as family, church family, and homes, it is only a reflection of the perfect home we will one day have with Him.

(All she needs is blankie!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am very excited for that day when we shall meet up together with him in the clouds. I can't say when that is coming, but with all that is going on in this world that God has made, I really think that God is going to bring his day to us sooner than ever, "soon and very soon". Anyhow, I am praying for you, and if you have any specific prayer requests, please send me some, or else, I will just keep up with your postings. May our Sovereign God bless you greatly!

stevenkmannig@yahoo.com
steven manning

Curé said...

...so I guess we can conclude that as far as Addie is concerned, "the dude-ette abides," even if she's in Senegal!

P. Smith said...

Nice one Jim!