So here's an update on what is going on in all of our lives ...
Addie (first because she's the most interesting right now!)
- she is now potty trained! (I'm sure some of you really don't care, so sorry, but it's exciting not to have to pay for diapers anymore!)
- we enrolled her for school next fall. Yes, our daughter will be starting French preschool in September (aahhhhh!!!!). I'll blog more about this later
- she can do a 12 piece puzzle all on her own. Not only that, it's a puzzle that's made up of blocks, so it's really 6 puzzles in one. We think she's a genius (although we're trying to teach her that she can't call herself a genius :)
-she loves wearing high healed shoes, even outside. I think that's the only pair of shoes she wore yesterday.
- she's speaking a little French. The other day, she said "Ça souffit!" which means "That's enough!" When I asked her where she learned that, she told me that Nadine (her teacher) says it. Hmmmm..
- she's almost gotten rid of her black eye. Not quite sure what happened, but she and her buddy Elias were playing and as she tells me "We crashed together and I cried."
- she is looking forward to Grandpa and Grandma Van Dine coming next week! She can't wait to get her new pink baseball glove!
-is still greatly improving in French (at least I think he is!)
-he's started to read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in French.
- he actually likes to watch movies in French now, it's kind of relaxing for him (as long as he's seen it before)
-he's wrapped around Addie's little finger. All she has to say is "Please Daddy!" and he'll do just about anything!
-he does just about anything for his wife too, which gives him the Best Daddy and Best Husband awards!
-he is looking forward to Grandma and Grandpa Van Dine coming too. He can't wait to get his new books that he ordered from Amazon!
- is making progress too.
- I'm reading Pride and Prejudice in French. I got it from the library, but even when I read it everyday, it's still so slow going that I'm only about a third of the way through. I had it for a month but had to actually go buy a copy because I think it's going to take me all summer to read.
-I'm actually learning to cook. We haven't had pizza for dinner in about a month!
-I'm trying to get into running, but getting up at 6:30 am has been really hard!
-I'm really looking forward to mom and dad coming!!
Addie thought it would be fun to take a pretend nap with Wayne and read in bed! I think they're both pretty adorable!