Who Are We


Wayne, Hilary & Adelaide Denny. Preparing to Serve in Leadership Training in Senegal, Africa. God has called us to take advantage of a unique window of religious freedom in Muslim Senegal by equipping church leaders who have a heart for reaching their country and the Muslim world.

We should be jealous. . . for the honour of His name – troubled when it remains unknown, hurt when it is ignored, indignant when it is blasphemed. And all the time anxious and determined that it shall be given the honour and glory which are due to it.” John Stott


Sunday, January 27, 2008

Confession #2...


I am a worrier. Some say that it comes from being a woman (ok, maybe that has something to do with it), but that is not all it is. Know what it is? SIN. I have been really convicted lately about my worry, especially as we are transitioning in many aspects of our life and although we know what we want to do in our future, it is out of our control!

One area that I have been worrying a lot about lately is "when are we going to be able to go overseas?" Our hoped for departure date is September of this year, and while we are working hard to share our vision with people and challenge them to support the ministry, it is ultimately up to God to bring in our support. I have been challenged this week with the idea that even Jesus had to trust the Father with His future. When He was in the garden praying, Jesus specifically prayed that there would be another way, other than death. But God said no. And in this, Jesus trusted the Father that death would not be the end. I worry that we may not be able to leave in September, but if God says no (and He definitely hasn't said that yet!), I am trusting Him that His timing is perfect and that He will allow us to go when we are ready.

So please pray for us. Pray that we would have our support raised and be able to leave for language school in September. We still believe that God has opened doors for us right now to be able to do this! Most of all though, pray that our faith will be strengthened in every circumstance, no matter when we depart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I could have written your latest blog myself! We worry, yet the Lord says to be anxious for nothing. I know there is a purpose in all of our waiting but sometimes it's really hard to grasp that!
We'll pray for you guys,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Well, guys, I do the same thing. I worry about things all the time. I am definitely getting better at that now, thanks to God's grace, but my encouragement to you is Philippians 4:6-9. that has helped me. Also remember that God is the one that has made the world, and we are just a little part of his story, yet at the same time, we are by his grace a big part of his story. God bless, and keep on serving and trusting our great God, especially his merciful son and savior Jesus Christ!