Who Are We


Wayne, Hilary & Adelaide Denny. Preparing to Serve in Leadership Training in Senegal, Africa. God has called us to take advantage of a unique window of religious freedom in Muslim Senegal by equipping church leaders who have a heart for reaching their country and the Muslim world.

We should be jealous. . . for the honour of His name – troubled when it remains unknown, hurt when it is ignored, indignant when it is blasphemed. And all the time anxious and determined that it shall be given the honour and glory which are due to it.” John Stott


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Myths about France (# 1 being I ain't seen the first dang beret)

#2 - Europeans don't wear blue jeans - jeans with the typical american billboard t-shirt, no; but jeans, yes.

#3 - The food is great (never mind, that one is true. The food is great!)

#4 - French people are rude - 
We've heard this statement from numerous people but up till now we have not experienced one bit of it. We've had times of pulling our metro map out and looking lost and had someone volunteer to help us before we even ask. We've met people on the street who have cheerfully said, "Welcome to France." And most importantly, I'm pretty sure that every single time I've begun a conversation with, "I'm sorry, I just speak a little French," the response is always a big smile followed by a "No problem." People have been very patient in having to repeat themselves to us (although not everyone gets the fact that I need them to speak really slow) and very willing to help us.

2 comments:

Christie M said...

I like your myth busters. :) We found when we flew Air France for them to be very accommodating, kind and helpful. They also served Fresh Baguettes with Brie' on the flight instead of peanuts. LOL

The more I have traveled, which isn't much, I think maybe the snobs are the world are US!

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed catching up on your posts, Hilary...and Bob and I are looking forward to seeing your mom and dad when they are in Richardson with the Emamas Choir...one of the church's they will be at is very close to where we live. I saw Kara last Sunday while at the Santee's for a wedding shower.
Blessings